Dear 3rd Grader,
Welcome to Linden Hill’s 3rd grade class! I hope you had a relaxing and wonderful summer. I had a wonderful summer relaxing at the pool, spending time and travelling with my family.
You are officially a 3rd grader! I am sure we will have a fabulous year. We will be studying all kinds of interesting topics. We will be reading non-fiction, biographies, mysteries, and poetry to name a few. We will also be doing lots of writing, starting on the very first day. In math we will use hands on materials to explore multiplication, division, fractions, geometry, and number sense. In science we have three terrific units which we will explore by doing experiments and fun hands-on activities. In social studies we will be studying all kinds of interesting topics, such as, maps and globes, economics, and citizenship. As you can see we have an action packed year of fun and learning planned for you.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to seeing your smiling face on August 29th t for the first day of school. Also, please mark your calendar for our annual Open House Night on September 15th, so that you can come hear and see all the fun learning that is going on in third grade this year!
The following supplies are requested on the first week of school. Please have your name in marker on the front. This will help us get and stay organized! If you are unable to provide any of the following supplies for your child please let me know and I will supply them for them.
- a photograph of you doing something you love for “My Friends” bulletin board.
- 2 Marble Composition books
- 1 Sturdy folder. This will be their back and forth folder. It will go back and forth with their agenda and homework papers and notes home. (This folder can be whatever the students want….kittens, favorite football team, pokemon….etc…)
- 1 zippered pencil pouch (this will hold your pencils, colored pencils and highlighters)
- 1 box of pencils with erasers (sharpened for the classroom)
- 1 box of tissues for the classroom
- 1 yellow highlighters (if you buy a pack…keep the extras at home for replenishing them later in the year)
- 1 roll of paper towels (if your last name ends in A-H)
- 1 bottle of hand soap (if your last name ends in K-Z)
- 1 set of earbuds in a ziplock bag or small plastic container ( the ones gum or mints come in work well) labelled with your child’s name
Some of these items may need to be replenished periodically throughout the year. (pencils, highlighter, glue sticks, tissues)
We are requesting that certain items not be brought to school. They are: toys, Trapper Keepers, and book bags with wheels.
Snacks/Water: Students are welcome to bring a small, nutritious snack each day. I ask that you please avoid sending snacks that require utensils or those that are messy. Students will eat their snack while working independently at their seats. Students may bring a water bottle to keep at their seat during the day. Glass bottles, flavored water, and juice are not permitted in the classroom. DUE TO FOOD ALLERGIES PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY ITEMS CONTAINING NUTS.
*Donations of paper towels, tissues, hand sanitizer, pump hand soap, post-it notes, cleaning wipes (lysol and/or baby wipes), pencils, pencils and more pencils are always welcome.